Bra cup sizes come in letters. They are measured, then graded according to their size.
If you are a C cup and are wondering how big a C cup bra is, then this article is for you.
How big is a C cup bra?
Average. C cup is seen as the average cup size because it is not too big or too small. However, this depends on the part of the world.
For instance, in known regions like Africa and Southeast Asia, the C cup is big because the average breast cups are on the smaller side. Meanwhile, in Europe, the US, and the UK, this size is on the smaller average cup size. D is the average start for big cups.
For a visual representation, a C cup bra is as big as a grapefruit or peach. These fruits should fit comfortably into a C cup bra.
How big is a C cup bra in inches?
C cup should be around 33.5 (4/5) to 43.4 (1/4) inches when measured freely in inches.
The range is broken down based on band measurements to make up bra sizes. However, for bra measurements, a C cup is 3 inches in difference between the bust measurement and the band measurement.
How big is C cup bra in centimeters?
A C cup bra should measure around 82-105 cm around the peak or fullest part of the breast (nipple area).
The centimeter measurement is common in European and International size charts.
How to know you are a C cup
Measure your bra size.
If you want to know your C cup (or any other) status, you need to measure yourself. You can do this by going to a specialty shop or retail store or just measuring yourself.
All you need is a measuring tape and your most comfortable bra. This measurement should be done in inches.
- Start with your band measurement. You can do this in two ways, your underbust and over-the-bust measurements.
- For over the bust, take the tape under your armpit and around your upper bust. Let the tape fit firmly but not too tight. If you get an even number, that’s your measurement. If you get an odd number, round it up to the nearest even number.
- Also, if you get half an inch, round the number to the nearest whole number.
- You can wear an unpadded bra for this or go braless.
- For the “under the bust” measurement, start by wrapping the measuring tape around your torso, right under your bust, and along your ribcage. Let it fall parallel to your bra band. The tape should fit tightly around your torso.
- If you get an even number, add +4, and if you get an odd number add +5. E.g., 31+5 = 36 or 32+4 = 36.
- That is your band measurement. The number should be even.
- Measure your bust in circumference too.
- Wrap the measuring tape around the swell of your bust. It is the peak or the fullest part of your breast (the nipple point).
- Let the tape fit tightly around your bust. Find your number.
- If your number stops at half inches, round it up to the nearest whole number. For bust, it’s always best to go down a number than up.
- Your number in inches is your bust size. It can be odd or even as long as it is rounded up.
- To get your cup size, subtract your band size from your bust size.
- A letter represents each inch. The higher the inch, the added the letter.
- For C cup, the inch difference is 3 inches.
- So if your bust is 39 and your band size is 36, the difference is 3 inches. Therefore, you are a C cup.
What are the bra sizes for C cups?
C bra cups come in five main sizes 23C, 34C, 36C, 38C, and 40C. However, there are larger sizes up to 48C. Cup size and band size make up the bra size, with the band measurement in numbers and the cup in letters.
These bra sizes, although all C, are different. The difference is their band measurements. Therefore, all C cups cannot wear the same size.
Furthermore, the wider your band measurement, the smaller the breast looks. For instance, a C cup bra looks big on a slim 32C or 34C. Meanwhile, it looks smaller for a 38C bra size. The body proportions will make your bust look bigger or smaller.
Is C cup common?
Yes, it is.
C cup is common in bra sizes, especially in the US and Europe.
What is the difference between C and D cup bras?
A D cup is bigger than a C cup. Their difference is an inch. C is 3 inches difference between the bust size and band. Meanwhile, D is 4 inches. Because they are close in measurement, they are often mistaken for each other.
However, there are sister sizes where a C cup can wear a D cup bra and vice versa.
Is there a CC cup bra?
No, there isn’t.
The C cup is for average-sized bras.
Is a C cup bra small?
It depends on body proportions.
A C cup is average. However, on someone with a wider band, the cup looks small, while on a smaller body proportion, it looks big.
If you are a C cup, you are on the average scale of bust size. A C cup can look big or small based on body proportion.
If you still fill your bust is not big enough, you can try the sister size trick, which creates an illusion of fullness.
If you are not sure you are a C cup, you can try the steps identified in this article to get your true cup size.
Nonetheless, a C cup bra is not too big or too small; it is just perfect.
Thanks for reading.
Africana Fashion provides relevant articles to help guide your daily lifestyle.