Are you looking to know how to correctly apply BB cream? Guess what! You have just found it. This article highlights different methods of BB cream application for you to have a smooth experience doing it.
If at any point in time you have ever wished for an all-in-one product that fits right into your makeup and skincare routine, or if you struggle to pick out the necessary makeup product you need because of space, then you need to learn how to apply bb cream and try using one.
BB refers to a beauty balm. A BB cream is a makeup product that has skincare advantages. This well-known makeup and skincare combination product could be worth a try because it works in diverse ways that are beneficial to the skin.
What it does for your skin depends on the BB cream you eventually settle for. you may experience a diverse extent of benefits; ranging from color correction to moisturizing of the skin.
How to Apply BB Cream
On days when you don’t have time to work through your makeup routine, you can wear a bb cream to help you look pretty. BB Cream is a well-known all-in-one product that works as a moisturizer, primer, and light foundation.
Applying bb cream for the first time might be slightly confusing for you because you are prone to make mistakes. You might even end up applying too much bb cream on your face. Therefore, it is important to learn how to apply it correctly. Below are 4 methods on how to use BB cream.
1. How to Apply BB Cream With Your Fingers
The easiest way to apply bb cream on your face is to use your fingers as an applicator. However, using your fingers to apply BB Cream will result in a less smooth result than when you apply it with a sponge or brush.
How to do it:
- Squeeze out a small amount of the cream onto the back of your hand.
- Now apply five dots to your forehead, nose, two cheeks, and chin.
- Dip your middle fingertip into the BB Cream on the back of your hand and dab it on your face
- Don’t rub the cream in lines or large splotches. Apply only a thin layer of the cream to avoid making your skin weighing down.
- Use your index and middle fingers to gently rub the cream in. Do this using a circular motion.
- Gently applying light pressure will help to distribute the cream evenly without irritating your skin.
2. How to Apply BB Cream With Sponge
This mode of application is the best option for people with oily skin. Using your fingers to apply bb cream will oil oily skin better.
How to do it:
- Moisturize your sponge with a facial mist before using it to apply your BB Cream.
- Squeeze out a small amount of the cream on the back of your hand
- Apply the cream on your face by making dots to the forehead, nose, two cheeks, and chin.
- Dip your middle fingertip into the cream on the back of your hand.
- Use your makeup sponge to dab the cream on your fingertip onto your face.
- Smoothen the BB Cream into your skin using your sponge.
- Use a firm inward and outward stroke to rub the cream on your face.
3. How to Apply BB Cream With Brush
Using a brush to apply bb cream is particularly the best option for dry skin. If your skin is dry, then this method is for you. It works well for the application of liquid BB creams. For this method, use the palm of your hand with this method rather than the back of your hand to take the cream.
How to do it:
- Squeeze out a small amount of the cream onto the palm of one hand.
- Apply the cream on your face in five dots, from the forehead, nose, two cheeks, and chin: one in the middle of the forehead, one on the tip of the nose, left cheek, right cheek, and the last one on your chin.
- Smoothen the BB Cream into your skin using the brush.
- Distribute the cream on your face evenly.
How to Add BB Cream to Makeup Routine
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to guide you on how to incorporate bb cream into your makeup routine:
Step 1: The first step here is to apply bb cream all over your face with the use of either your fingers, makeup brush, or sponge.
Step 2: After you have applied BB cream to your skin, you can proceed to give yourself a natural blush effect to the cheeks.
Step 3: Even as you try to keep your makeup look minimal while using BB cream, you can still define your brows to add a fine touch to your eye without straying from your natural look.
Step 4: Round up this process by applying mascara on your lashes to add length and volume. Try to make sure they are not too harsh or overshadowing for the overall makeup look.
Step 5: Set your makeup
Finish your look by using a makeup setting spray to make your makeup last throughout the day.
When to Use a BB Cream
Now that you know how to apply bb cream, below are suggestions on when you can use it.
1. You can use a BB cream when you travel
When preparing to travel, you start to figure out what makeup and skincare products to carry along with you. While considering the space issue, you might not be able to decide on what to take with you.
However, with BB cream’s multiple benefits, not only will it cover some of your makeup products, but it also helps to maintain your skin.
2. You can use BB cream when in a rush
Are you late for work or class and have no time to use a makeup primer, color-corrector, concealer, and foundation? You are in luck. Just grab a BB cream and apply it on your skin to cover up for this.
3. You can use BB cream to achieve your no makeup, makeup look
Applying BB cream on your face is the perfect way to achieve a no makeup, makeup look. Smoothen a BB cream on your face to help even out your skin tone without leaving behind any unnatural finish. Finish the look with a dash of mascara and a bit of cream blush, and you are good to go.
4. You can use BB cream for your selfie shots
When taking selfies, you want to see your skin-pop and look as beautiful as possible. Apply BB cream on your face to correct and perfect your looks, you can now reach out for your camera and strike a pose.
5. You can use BB cream when taking a break from makeup
If you are trying to take a break from heavy makeup but still want something of light coverage, you can opt for a BB cream. Apply your BB cream without wearing any foundation for extra coverage. Then you can go on to cover up any imperfections that peek through the use of a lightweight concealer.
6. You can use BB cream when breaking out
Make BB cream your go-to all-in-one cream to jump on when you are experiencing a breakout. Use BB cream to achieve coverage without irritating your skin.
7. You can use BB cream when you have redness
BB creams are available to help neutralize your skin to correct every major color problem or perfection.
8. You can use a BB cream when going to the beach
You might not be able to wear a full face of makeup, however, if you have any form of the shoot, especially an impromptu shoot, you can use BB cream instead. However, if your BB cream doesn’t contain adequate sun protection, you should apply sunscreen (with an SPF of 30 or higher) underneath before applying the BB cream.
SEE: Best Beauty Blender
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use BB cream and foundation together?
Yes, you can. You can layer your BB cream and foundation together.
However, if you decide to use the BB Cream as a base and apply foundation over it; only apply a very little amount of foundation. Otherwise, it will turn out with a thick mask and too much coverage.
You can also use it with foundation by applying it on top of your base, and it can serve as a concealer.
What are the common side effects of BB cream?
BB creams may lighten your skin if it has skin-lightening components like vitamin C. It could also give you a pale skin look if you are using the wrong one for your skin complexion.
However, they are safe for your skin and hardly cause reactions on skin types, including sensitive skin.
What’s the best way to use BB cream?
The best way to use a BB cream is by using it as part of your daily routine instead of foundation.
The moisturizer in the BB cream might be enough If your skin is oily, but if you have normal or dry skin, you should try to apply a moisturizer before using your BB cream. Follow these steps:
- Clean your skin before applying your BB cream.
- You can make use of a foundation brush, sponge, or your fingers to apply the cream.
- Apply foundation on any problem area. This will give more coverage and concealer, but the concealed areas need to be set with little powder.
- If you will be out in the sun for a long time, apply spf on your skin.
A BB cream is a makeup product that has skincare advantages. On days when you don’t have time to work through your makeup routine, you can simply wear a bb cream to help you look smooth.
BB Cream is a well-known all-in-one product that works as a moisturizer, primer, and light foundation. Applying BB cream for the first time might be slightly confusing for you because you are prone to make mistakes. You might even end up applying too much BB cream on your face.
Therefore, it is important to learn how to apply it correctly. BB cream can be incorporated with your regular makeup routine, so go ahead and try one.
Thanks for reading.
Liked this article? Visit Africana Fashion for more beauty guides.